Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hanna Is Not a Boy's Name

...but it is in the webcomic of that title, which happens to be the most amazing thing I've read this month (Penta doesn't count, I read most of that in December and January).

The plot is good. While in concept it's normal, the characters are what take the story and really hitch it up to awesome. They are loveable. In a way that zombies and shitty vampires really shouldn't be, but manage to do, anyways. They'll capture you in a moment, I swear.

...and the art is just something else. Oh my God, I am in love with Trissa's art. It is in. Full. Color. Beautiful color. And the textures top it off sooo nicely. She puts attention to detail, and it's not just some generic Manga/Animoo stuck together. It sticks out. It's bold. It's beautiful.

What really tops it all off, though, is... the typography.

I know, that sounds lame. But it's not. Trissa doesn't treat the type as just words, she treats them as an extension of the art in which anything can happen, in which emotions can be conveyed. Everything else is great, sure... But the typography is what's transforming this comic from a simple piece to something truly out of this world. Every time I flip to a new page I am in awe.

Go read it. Now.
http://hanna.aftertorque.com/

---

On another note, I had my first date tonight. :3 I had a fantaaastic time. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment