Monday, February 15, 2010

Ha-HA!

Today when I came home my mother accosted me and demanded to know why I was using a picture of myself as my avatar on Chief Delphi, never mind that half the users do it, and that that particular photo had already been posted on our team's website. She got mad about it and lectured me for a while.

After that she told me I have to clean the kitchen (which was in shambles) or I couldn't go to Robotics.

I calmly explained why I chose to use the photograph, and accepted the fact that the kitchen did need to be cleaned. Facts of life. After all, I had already spent the day horribly stressed at Robotics, it wasn't like anything she threw at me was going to make my day worse.

She then admitted she was trying to make me blow up and get mad, and have a horrible day. Her motivation? She was having a horrible day herself, and is apparently half way through a mid-life-crisis. And on her period.

My first thought was, "Wow, that's bitchy!". Then I told her I had a bad day at Robotics, and she might as well be throwing stones at a brick wall.

I then commenced cleaning the kitchen by plugging in my MP3 player, turning it up really loud, and playing fast happy music. I danced like an idiot the entire time, and I feel much, much better. Happy, even.

Thank you mother for trying to kill my day, I think you just about made it instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment