Monday, January 25, 2010

Welcome to the Closet

Well, so. As I'm sure all my friends who read this know, I'm bisexual. I find hot guys and girls equally attractive.

Most of my life I've lived firmly and conclusively in the closet, due to many family members and close friends being conservative Christian. I live in a relatively small town where it is still acceptable to publicly harass the GLBT community. Even though I've known friends openly out of their closet, I didn't have the courage to come out of mine. Even my close friend who "always knows" didn't pick me up on her gaydar.

Then one day my mother decided to ask me if I was gay. While I was trapped in the car for an hour long drive to my Grandfathers house. I suck at lying.

Since then I've been sort of in, sort of out. Kind of like I'm still in the closet, but I left the doors open. If some one asks I'll tell the truth, and I and very loudly Pro GLBT rights.

Although, at the same time, I am hiding my sexuality from my grandparents and my Dad's side of the family. They do not need to know. That, and I told my mother I'm "Confused". Which is a bold faced lie. I used to be confused, back in middle school. Now I'm completely sure, and not ashamed. I was just worried my mother would throw a fit.

Which brings about another thing. What on earth is so "Bad" about homosexuality, anyways? It always bugs me that people are like, "IT'S FROM THE DEVIIIIL!". I don't get it. I mean, I could understand them not liking getting hit on. And I could understand them not liking the large amount of sex-before-marriage, as we can't get married. But how can you fault some one for the simple, intuitive act of loving some one? How can you hate love?

No comments:

Post a Comment