Thursday, January 28, 2010

Still a Six

Okay, so, as much as I hate to admit it, I agree with one Miss Stephanie Meyer on a point. One point. A SINGLE point. But it is there none-the-less, and she does a good job of explaining it. So I'm going to reuse her philosophy to make MY point. Which is similar to hers.

Here I go.

Okay, in life, people are generally somewhere on a scale from 1 to 10. One is bat shit ugly, ten is drop dead gorgeous. The scale is some what tipped so most girls are between a five and an eight. Unfortunately, girls around eight through ten usually get the guy. That leaves most of us out.

I, myself, am somewhere around a five or a Six. Guys do not look in my direction, they're busy watching the tens.

But then I joined Robotics.

Now I am in a completely different pool. I have left the ocean to a smaller group of fish. There is still the same ratio of six's to tens... but the ratio of guys to girls is much larger. The guys in this pool have had less direct female contact. They don't off the bat notice I'm only a six, and get a chance to know me before they judge.

Which means some of them like me.

There's no sparks, but definitely some interest. And even more then that, they treat me like a cute girl. I'm not kidding. It's not, "Oh, another person." It's, "Hi Cee! Hug?"

So even though I'm still a six, I no longer have to live with the limitations of one. I am loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment