Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cafeteria Food

Cafeteria food is not the barely recognizable goo of TV. It is, in fact, mostly edible and almost always recognizable as some sort of sustenance one has seen before. I will go as far as to add that sometimes bits and pieces of it are actually good.

This is as far as I will go.

Because let's face it, cafeteria food still sucks.

Apparently I criticize the schools food on a daily basis. I didn't actually notice until the poor girl who eats lunch with me (By free will. I'm not sure why.) pointed it out. After taking a step back, I had to admit she's right.

I do not apologize. The the cafeteria food could be improved so much with very little effort. Add salt to the french fries. Use white bread, or at least offer it in exchange for the not-as-healthy-as-real-wheat-but-tastes-like-it-anyways crap. Don't let the food sit out for an hour before we get it. Don't burn it. Use only grapes that look like they were inspected for funny mold colored spots. Take the damn chicken bones out of the gravy.

You know. Small stuff. School food would actually be sort of good if the people cooking it didn't have such short supply of man power to get what they need to get done.

This is one of those things I'm going to complain to the school board staff about one of these days. Maybe I'll even organize a campaign.

And maybe I'll forgo fixing this horrible tragedy so I can use Cafeteria Food reviews as filler for other blog entries that I'm hurriedly throwing to bed minutes before midnight.

The world may never know

No comments:

Post a Comment