Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Am Petty

There are two gossiping older ladies sitting in my spot.

Okay, I know it's not technically my spot. There are twenty-eight days out of the month that I am not staying here and that other people sit at that table. But when I am here, that is my spot. It's the table with the power outlet next to it! It's located at the side of the room next to a wall where I can be out of the way and sit there for four hours with no one caring. And there are gossiping ladies sitting there.

I am greatly displeased.

This feels unfair for some reason. I've been going to this hotel for over six years now. I've seen four sets of staff come and go, I've seen the building change franchises. Through all of this, I have sat in that seat.

In addition to being forced to sit in the table next to them (in order to be close enough to plug in), I am being forced into listening to their gossip.

I am still greatly displeased.

Now they're not sitting anymore. They're getting ready to leave. But they're still just standing there, next to my table, gossiping. I have no clue when they'll leave.

I am aware I am being petty.

No comments:

Post a Comment