Sunday, April 11, 2010

Don't be So Genderist

Genderist.

It's like sexist, but instead of discriminating against a gender, the individual is discriminating against both genders being outside the gender "box".

It is my new pet peeve.

My mother can not get it through her head that Brandon is my Best Friend, with those wonderful capital letters denoting he means more to me then I can rightfully describe with words, and that he understands me better then all of my other friends combined.

No offense to any of my other friends reading this. I love you, too. It's just not the same flavor of love.

I can trust him to be there for me no matter what. I can trust him to never judge me, no matter what. We have so much in common it's scary.

More then that, our relationship is "safe". He's like my Nakama (Brandon, as I'm sure you're reading this, it's a One Piece term I'll tell you about later). I'm not going to worry about anything about it. That's an achievement for me, I'm a worry-whore.

My mother can not get this through her head, and is mistaking my love for Brandon as romantic sort. After I got home from his house one of her questions was, "So, do you think he likes you?". This is after she has been informed he has a girlfriend he is completely besotted with, and that Brandon is my Best Friend. This makes me want to tear at my hair and tell her she's missing the point.

Gahasd;lfkjas.
^General noise of frustration.

1 comment: